Optum Rx is a pharmacy benefit manager serving more than 65 million members. We provide safe and cost-effective ways for you to access your medications and help you achieve better health outcomes.
Registration at optumrx.com takes just a few minutes.
1. To set up a HealthSafe ID, enter your health plan number. If you don't have your ID card, enter your Social Security number and ZIP code.
2. Choose a username and password.
3. Enter your email address.
4. Enter your phone number or choose your security questions.
For your security, we'll send you a confirmation email and a letter to the name and address on file.
1. Make sure that the information on your member ID card is correct.
2. Set up an Optum Rx account at optumrx.com.
3. Once your plan is active, visit your account to review your prescription drug benefits.
4. Set your communication preferences.
5. Sign up for Optum® Home Delivery to get medication delivered right to your door with free standard shipping.
6. Download the Optum Rx app to manage your medications on the go.
To order your medication from Optum Home Delivery, you can:
• Ask your doctor to send us an electronic prescription.
• Log into your Optum Rx account or use the app to enroll.
• Call the number on your member ID card.
Once your plan is active, sign into your Optum Rx account to check your plan's prescription drug list. If your medication is on the drug list, it will be covered. If a medication is not covered on your new plan, you still have options. We are here to help you and your prescriber identify a generic, brand or alternative medication that’s just as safe and effective for you.
For customer support, call the phone number on the back of your member ID card.
You still have options. Contact your prescriber to discuss switching to a covered alternative medication that’s just as safe and effective for you. Or, if your prescriber wants you to continue your current medication, they can request a prior authorization when your new plan is active.
Once your plan is active, sign into your Optum Rx account. You can view your plan details, including coverage and copays.
Once your plan is active, sign into your Optum Rx account to set up your communication preferences and Go Paperless. If it is your first time signing in to your Optum Rx account, Communication Preferences will appear in a pop-up screen. If you have an existing account, log in to your account and go to "Communication Preferences" to select "paperless" where applicable. Click "Save" and you're done.
You can download it from the App Store® or on Google Play® for free.
When you sign up for an Optum Rx account, make sure to give us your mobile number and fill out your communication preferences.
Use the Optum Rx app to check medication pricing, order prescriptions, pay bills, view order status and more. Anywhere, anytime.
An organization that administers prescription drug programs. Your PBM is Optum Rx.
An approval you or your prescriber obtain before your plan will cover certain medications. Check your prescription drug list to see if one of your medications is affected.
A list of medications covered by your plan. If a medication is not listed on your plan's prescription drug list, check back to see if it has been added. Prescription drug lists are updated frequently.
A group of pharmacies that offer the best medication prices for your plan.
A maintenance medication, also known as a long-term medication, is a prescription drug you take for an ongoing health condition.
A generic drug can cost less than a brand-name drug. Generic medications must contain the same active ingredients as the brand-name version. Their formulas can include different inactive ingredients, like flavoring or preservatives. According to The Food and Drug Administration, generics are just as safe and effective. Generics are copies of brand-name drugs. They have been tested and they work the same way brand name drugs work, but they often cost less.